Happy Birthday Zachary



Today was a special day to remember the birth of our precious boy. We went to the cemetary to decorate his grave and have a little birthday party. We enjoyed celebrating his life and just as we did at his graveside service, wrote messages to him on balloons and let them go. As we reflect on the past year we recognize how blessed we have been to spend a short time with an incredible little boy. He has changed our lives forever. We love and miss him and we're so thankful to know that one day we'll all be together again. Until then we'll do our best to honor him by remembering the many important things he taught us. We love all of you and we feel blessed to have you in our lives.
Love,
Greg, Tieryn and kids

4 Comments:
Hey guys,
I still check this blog so I am glad to see a posting. I too spent the day thinking about Zach and talking to my kids about there special cousin. His life will be be far reaching as there are many who have been touched by this sweet sweet boy. We love you guys and are so impressed by your example.
I still check this often too, and enjoyed seeing the birthday pictures and note. How precious. Now that it's one year, I imagine you may be re-living lots of last years events/milestones over the next several days/weeks/months. I read through the history again on his birthday, and though we haven't been "neighbors" for several years, it kinda felt like we were again. There is an extra special spot in my heart for our time with you in Pflugerville, maybe b/c it was our first "grown-up" experiences, and you were like our family there. (Troy still uses some of Ben's old pants and shirts. And the only belt I still use was yours too.) It was so sweet to hear Hailey and Clayton in the background on the phone, and get a tiny glimpse of life with them. (Do they have blogspots? It seems like we know more about Zachary than them! I'd love to get to know them better.) Did Clayton eat his cupcake like Zach might have as a one year old? Remember Hanna and the chocolate cake on the counter when she was one? Actually, that was Alana's birthday, wasn't it. Well, this is probably too long for this, so I'll quit. Miss you and love y'all!
Tieryn and Greg, thanks for sharing the pictures from Zachary's birthday. We think of you often and check back here regularly. Take care and know that you are still in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
The Joneses
I had no idea this blog was still going, I was glad to get the alert on myfamily.
I know this is special place to discuss your memories and such of Zach, but I would love it if you started a family blog so I could see and learn more about whats going on with the rest of you too.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home